Top 5 health problems caused due to magnesium deficiency!
According to Natural News, magnesium plays the same important role that calcium or iron does for the body, but very few Americans are aware of it. Nonetheless, adequate magnesium levels are crucial for brain, cardiac and muscle function, and it is needed, along with silica and vitamins D and K, to promote bone health. Magnesium deficiency is more common than many people suspect, and below are five warning signs that could indicate a deficiency in this important mineral.
- Ringing in the Ears or Hearing Loss: Tinnitus or a constant, high-pitched ringing in the ears is a common symptom of magnesium deficiency, as is hearing loss. There are a number of studies that have been done on the relationship between ear health and sufficient magnesium levels. In one Chinese study, it was found that magnesium in sufficient quantities will prevent the formation of the free radicals that can lead to hearing loss.
- Muscle Cramps or Tremors: Magnesium is crucial to optimum muscle function. Without it, the body would be in a state of convulsion, because it is this mineral that allows the muscles to relax.
- Depression: The link between low magnesium levels and depression was understood over a century ago, when doctors would use it to treat this mental health disorder. Modern science has backed this up, with a study at a psychiatric hospital in Croatia finding that many attempted suicide patients had severely low levels of this important mineral.
- Abnormal Heart Function: Low magnesium levels can have an effect on muscles throughout the body, and this includes the heart muscles. Insufficient magnesium can induce a condition known as a cardiac arrhythmia, in which the heart fails to beat regularly, and this, in turn, can cause a greater risk for complications like heart attacks and strokes.
- Kidney Stones: Many people believe that kidney stones are caused by an excess of calcium, but in fact it is a lack of magnesium that is the culprit. Magnesium prevents the formation of these stones by inhibiting the binding of calcium with oxalate, the two compounds which make up these stones.
To see some fascinating and interesting clips regarding the truth about what magnesium deficiency can cause, one can easily log onto: